DAY 01 KUALA LUMPUR / KANDY ARRIVAL (L/D)
- Assemble at KLIA 03 hours before departure. Check in flight by Sri Lanka Airline for your flight to Sri Lanka.
- Upon arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport. After customs and clearance, meet & greet with our representative at the exit gate. Then depart to Kandy.
- En route visit the PINNAWELA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE, home to approx 60 elephants. Watch the baby elephants paly and bathe in the river; watch them being feed, or feed them yourself (OPTIONAL).
- After lunch at local restaurant, proceed to KANDY with a stop at a spice garden-route to witness hoow the traditional spices are grown.
- Visit Kandy tooth relic temple, historical records suggest that Kandy was first established by the King Wickramabahu (1357-1374 CE) near the Watapuluwa area, north of the present city, and it was named. Senkadagalapura at the time, although some scholars suggest the name ‘Katubulu Nuwara’ may also have been used. Visit KANDY TOOTH, RELIC TEMPLE, THE SRI DALADA MALIGAWA or the temple of the Sacred Tooth is a temple in the city of Kandy in Sri Lanka.
- Late afternoon reach Kandy, known to be the center for the Arts in Sri Lanka.
- Shopping in Kandy.
- Attend a FOLKLORE SHOW with KANDAYAN DANCERS and drummers, fire-walk performance, in the evening.
- Dinner, check-in hotel and overnight at Kandy
DAY 02 KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA (B/L/D)
- Breakfast at hotel. Proceed to PERADENIYA BOTANICAL GARDENS – one of the finest in Asia, which dates back to the 14th century.
- Proceed to Nuwara Eliya
- Journey up through the hills, passing waterfalls (RAMBODA FALLS), pine and eucalyptus forests and vast green tea estates. Many optional photo stops en-route.
- After lunch at local restaurant, visit a TEA FACTORY where you will not only enjoy a cup of freshly brewed Ceylon tea but will also have the opportunity to witness the intricacies involced in its manufacturing process.
- By late afternoon, reach Nuwara Eliya, the ‘city above the clouds’ at 1980m above sea level. A golf course, race course for horse racing, English country style cottages and planters bungalows are all witnesses of its colonial past.
- Check-in at hotel – free at leisure.
- Dinner and overnight at Nuwara Eliya.
DAY 03 NUWARA ELIYA / YALA (B/L/D)
- Breakfast at hotel. Leave for Yala home to a NATIONAL PARK and WILD LIFE SANCTUARY.
- Visit to RAWANA FALLS en-route and lunch at local restaurant.
- Optional evening Safari at Yala National Park.
- Reach Yala by afternoon.
- Dinner & overnight at Yala
DAY 04 YALA / GALLE (B/L/D)
- Breakfast at hotel. Early morning Safari at YALA NATIONAL PARK to experience close encounters with a variety of wildlife; elephants, leopards, wild buffalo, spotted deer etc.
- Proceed to Galle and luch at local restaurant.
- Visit to STILL FISHING in Weligama.
- Dinner & overnight at Galle.
DAY 05 GALLE (B/L/D)
- Breakfast at hotel. Sightseeing of Galle with old Dutch fort ramparts with lighthouse with a panoramic view natural harbor – one more world heritage site, basking on the southern coast of Sri Lanka in the bay of Galle, the fort was first built by the Portuguese in 1588 before being extensively fortified by the Dutch in he mid 1600s. Recognized by UNESCO for its cultural heritage value, the Fort was declared a World Heritage Site in 1988 as a unique exposition of ‘an urban ensemle which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries’
- Galle-Drive 116km (3 hours) to the south of Colombo along the scenic coastal road to Galle. Galle was an ancient port (said to be the legendary Tarshish of the Bible). The Portuguese built a small Fort here in the 16th century. Later in the 17th century, the Dutch who defeated the Portuguese, constructed huge ramparts and a Fort (a world heritage site today). Stroll through the Fort’s quaint narrow streets and visit its little galleries and shops.
- After lunch at local restuarant, visit moonstone mines with shopping. Relax and enjoy on the beach.
- Dinner & overnight at Galle.
DAY 06 Colombo (B/L/D)
- Breakfast at hotel. Proceed to Colombo, enjoy RIVER SAFARI in Madu River.
- Madu Ganga River safari, A boat excursion is the best way to navigate and enjoy what’s on offer at Madu Ganaga, a stretch of lake with almost placid water dotted with many islets. You can visit an island with a Buddhist monastery, where the friendly young monks will show you a 150 years old book made of palm leaves and how the cook on cinnamon wood on an open fire.
- After lunch at local restaurant. City tour of Colombo commencing with a visit to the Fort and the Pettah commercial hub with offices and shopping areas located amidst oldest colonial hotel GOH. It has a fantastic view of the Colombo harbor, lighthouse with clock tower (older than Big Ben in London) close to the president’s house and old parliament. Afterwards, proceed through the main street passing the old City Hall which houses puppets of earlier governors of Sri Lanka.
- Stop will be made at the Old Dutch hospital with shops and restaurants facing Sri Lanka’s twin tower buildings. Continue to the old race course with a maze of buildings with colonial architecture, restaurants and shopping arcade passing through Colombo City Hall (min replica of the White House in Washington, DC)
- Shopping in Colombo.
- Dinner and overnight at Colombo.
DAY 07 ARRIVAL KUALA LUMPUR
- Early morning transfer to Airport for your flight back home at 07:30AM.
- Arrival at KLIA at 13:45 PM with sweet memories.